Company registration address is required for all companies or institutions registered and established in Lithuania. It is common practice to register the company’s registered office in the premises where the company’s activities will take place. However, if you do not have your own premises or do not need them for your activities (for example, you provide services online), use the registration address service provided by us
Rental of the company’s registered office address
- Company registration addresses: We provide the registration address to everyone who establishes a company or changes the registration address of an established company;
- If you register a new company with a notary approval or change the registered office address of the old company by preparing a paper JAR-1 form, we will provide the paper consent required by the Center of Registers.
Consent of the premises owner to register the company
- When establishing a legal entity electronically, when the premises intended for registration of the legal entity’s registered office do not belong to the founder by the founder, the consent of the owner of the premises (all owners or co-owners) to provide premises for the legal entity’s registered office must be signed. The founder applying for the registration of a legal entity must add all the owners of the premises in the system by entering the data in the appropriate columns. The owners of the premises may sign the Consent to provide premises for the registered office of the legal entity by logging in to the Register Center system (regardless of the computer) and selecting – Register of Legal Entities> My Documents.
Shareholders decision to change the registered office address
- The registered office of a legal person is the place where the permanent governing body of the legal person is located. The registered office of a legal person is described by giving the exact address of the premises where the registered office is located. Pursuant to Article 2.49 of the Civil Code, as a general rule, the decision on the registered office of a legal person is taken by the founders of the company, but other procedures for the decision to change the registered office of a private limited company may be established in the company’s founding documents. It should be noted that if the sole shareholder decides to change the address of the private limited company, the Registrar of Legal Entities must be notified by submitting the said decision and the completed JAR-1 application form for registration of changes, which can be found on the Register Center website.
Amendment of the Articles of Association of UAB by changing the registered office
- If your company was established a long time ago, when notaries were still entering the registration address in the articles of association, you will also need to amend the articles of association;
- The good news is that using email signature, a notary will no longer be required. The Center of Registers itself will prepare new statutes for us. It is only necessary to add in the minutes of the shareholders’ meeting or in the decision of the sole shareholder that the shareholders have decided to amend the articles of association as well;
- You can find the new, standard articles of association by logging in to the Registry Center self-service.
Changing the registered office of a legal entity online
- In the event of a change of registered office, the Registrar of Legal Entities shall be provided with:
- Application for registration of changes in form JAR-1.;
- Minutes of the General Meeting of Participants that decided to change the registered office;
- If the legal person is not the owner of the premises provided for the registration of the registered office of the legal person, its branch or representative office, or the premises are jointly owned, the written consent of the owner or co-owner shall be provided to register the registered office;
- Identity document of the person providing the documents and data. If the provider of documents and data acts through a representative, the documents confirming the authority of the representative must be submitted to the Registry Manager together with the documents. When sending a request by post, a copy of the manager’s identity document is attached. This copy is not notarized.